Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology of the University of Gdansk and the Medical University of Gdansk
Short description of research profile
Our research is mostly focused on the development of new antimicrobial approaches to address the issue of bacterial infections in agriculture, as well as problem of multi-drug resistance in human and veterinary medicine. Currently we concentrate on the three major research areas:
1. Nanomaterials for treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
2. Bioactive compound from plant origin.
3. Phage therapy for the control of agriculturally-relevant bacterial pathogens.
Scientific Themes (keywords)
- plant in vitro cultures
- plant transformation
- molecular biology
- secondary metabolites extraction
- phytochemical analyses (HPLC)
- antimicrobial susceptibility testing
- bacterial biofilms
- nanoparticle synthesis and characterization
- C. elegans model in toxicity testing