Annalisa Iuorio, Raimondo Luciano
The group is dedicated to the following research activities:
1) Construction of mathematical models based on partial and ordinary differential equations linked to the description of phenomena arising in different applied fields, in particular ecology and engineering;
2) Extension of nonlocal elasticity theories based on stress-driven spatial convolutions;
3) Investigation of wave propagation both via the construction of travelling waves solutions using methods from Geometric Singular Perturbation Theory and via the determination of dispersion relations in nonlocal models;
4) Analysis of patterned distributions due to Turing instabilities and cross-diffusion;
5) Study of steady-states and bifurcations based on numerical continuation software (e.g. AUTO, pde2path);
6) Simulation of systems' dynamics via numerical tools (Matlab/Mathematica).