Contributing knowledge towards a sustainable and resilient society” is the 4th research objective of CIMA and aims to: communicate scientific knowledge to diverse audiences; support authorities in planning, developing, and implementing coastal and maritime strategies; and participate in national and international organizations for the management of natural marine resources.
CIAC develops innovative research in the fields of artistic studies (visual arts, cinema, theatre) and cultural studies, communication and, more recently, literary studies (digital archives, critical digital editions), connecting the creation of platforms and the forms of communication of scientific knowledge in the designated areas. Since its inception, it has maintained an interdisciplinary character.
Research in audiovisual media and digital media culture, e.g. web series in the context of social media and audiovisual offer forms on YouTube.
- Film narratology
- Web series
- Film analysis
- Media narratology
- Audio-vision in digital media
- Narration on the internet
- Transmedia storytelling
- Film genres und genre theory
- Biographical movies
- Comics and animated movies
Cultural, social and political changes in the broadly defined Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea region and the Arctic. Our research addresses current and past changes taking place in these parts of Europe and the world, includi
Contemporary media discourse stands out due to function of texts and characteristics of communication situation in which its efficiency and effectiveness becomes the most important. All language choices in communication are subordinated to shaping the public opinion: impact on the recipient, his/her attitude, evaluation, interests, world view.
1. Defining the process of political communication. 2. Development of research on political communication in selected countries (mainly Poland and Russia). 3. Study of the genres of political statements. 4. Polish and Russian political imagery. 5. Internet - a new plane of political communication. 6. The role of the media in political communication - mediatisation of election campaigns, contemporary electoral communication. The role of pseudo-events in running an election campaign. Analysis of selected election campaigns in Poland and Russia. 7.